Scott High School Band
Opening Day Parade Information
Our very first Reds Opening Day Parade is nearly upon us! Though it is the 100th anniversary for them, it is a first for our band. Another first, as you may have heard by this point, is that Scott Band will be combing with Simon Kenton and Dixie Heights to from the Kenton County Marching Band which should be over 200 strong! Though available on our website and calendar as well, here are the details:
Permission Slips: should already be to Mr. Miller by March 13, as should the $10 fee (to cover transportation). These MUST be turned in to participate. These have been handed out in class and made available online at scotthsband.com on our Twitter feed.
Rehearsals: 3/19 and 3/21 from 3-4:30 at Scott. 3/25 at SIMON KENTON HS. 4-5 Battery Percussion, 5-7 all. Please arrange to transport your student to and from SK. Heavy equipment (battery, Sousas, etc) will be hauled.
Parade Initial Itinerary for 3/28
Dress: students should be prepared to wear something beneath the band uniform that can be worn WITH the band uniform, in the case that we do not get an area to change out in. Guard needs to wear a Reds shirt (provided by Mrs. Miller), jeans, and will need to obtain a Reds hat to wear as well.
*students will either be provided a sack lunch from our cafeteria or be asked to bring one from home. This is currently not yet finalized.
Before school: load trailer
- 9:15 Students to band room (may change into uniform, depending on lineup TBA)
- 9:30 Load buses/Depart Scott
- 10:15 Arrive at Findlay Market/Unload
- 10:30 Begin Warm-Up (if an option)
- X:XX Line-Up Time
- 12:00 Parade Start Time
- X:XX Est. Parade finish, load equipment/uniforms
- X:XX Break into chaperoned groups (sign ups will be available in Band Room)
- Students MUST remain with their assigned chaperone throughout the day
- Students will need money for any activities/meals for this portion
- 5:00 Meet at Newport on the Levy (use Purple People Bridge to cross)
- 5:30 Load buses/Depart for SHS
- 6:00 Arrive SHS, unload equipment/uniform
We need 6-7 chaperones to be with us for the entirety of this trip! Please email Bryce Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to chaperone and be a part of this experience!